GATE Electronics & Communication - How to Apply
Go to the official site of any of IITs. Apply for it from there only (after release of official notice for GATE 2017). Fill the basic details and after that upload the scanned photograph, signature and other mandatory details. After this section, you need to clear the payment section which you can do via net banking, credit/debit card, e-challan. Lastly check the status of application.
GATE 2017 Registration
The candidates can do their initial registration by giving their valid Email ID, mobile No. and a GOAPS password (which you get at the time of enrolment).You will get a GOAPS Enrolment ID once you done with successful enrolment. It is advised to the candidates to note down the enrolment ID and password for further use. The candidates can start their application procedure by making below mentioned documents ready-
- Personal details of the candidates
- Address of the candidate for communication
- Details of the qualifying degrees.
- GATE papers
- Examination centre for GATE
- Scanned photograph and signature
- Details of ID proof of the candidate
GATE 2017 – Online Application Form
Candidates need to apply for GATE 2017 in online mode through accessing the official zonal GATE website of IISC or one of the seven IITs. During application procedure candidates will be asked to upload their photographs, signatures, category certificates and other requisite certificates. Candidates can obtain the application form for GATE 2017 in the month of September. Go through the instructions illustrated below to apply for GATE successfully:
- Candidates are required to get the access of GOAPS (GATE Online Application Processing System)
- Now candidates need to do the registration by furnishing few personal information and email ID and phone number. Kindly include your valid and working email ID and phone number as further communication will be made through this only.
- After successful registration, GOAPS enrollment ID and password will be sent to candidates’ email ID.
- Now apply for GATE 2016 after logging to your account by using the same ID and password.
- The fist very thing candidates will be asked to enter in the application form is paper name and examination cities preferences. Candidates can give preferences of maximum three examination centers.
- Now candidates will be asked to enter their personal information such as name, date of birth, parent name etc.
- Now enter your mailing address and details of ID proof you’d like to bring with you while coming to the examination hall.
- Upload scanned copy of your photograph and signatures as per the instructions.
- Finally, check out all the details furnished and hit “submit and proceed to payment” button.
Details of Application Fee:
- For General/OBC-NCL Male Candidates/Other Candidates: Rs 1500/-
- For Women/PwD/SC / ST category candidates: Rs 750
- *Additional bank charges will be applicable as per the norms.
- *Payment can be done either in online mode or through e-Challan.
The candidates are advised to fill their application form carefully to avoid mistakes. You also need to mention the mode of payment while filling the application form.